Local Buy helps alleviate the need for open market tenders by managing the procurement compliance burden on behalf of all Local Government agencies.
All Local Buy arrangements are compliant with the Local Government Regulations 2012 and Local Government Act 2009 and provide Local Government entities with the assurance that all suppliers are vetted and compliant based on a comprehensive tender, evaluation and approval process.
Purchasing through a Local Buy prequalified supply arrangement negates the need for Councils to go through the formal tender process. There is also no financial minimum or maximum spend applicable within the arrangements
Our Local Buy Contracts and Suppliers list is updated every fortnight.
Advertising and Media Services | BUS 260-0417
This Local Buy arrangement offers access to professional advertising and media requirements, campaign and non-campaign advertising and media services and includes:
- Outdoor - Billboards, Transit, Retail;
- Letter Box Distribution;
- Media Monitoring;
- Television (Campaign only);
Campaign Advertising and Media Services:
Campaign advertising is defined as any advertising that aims to promote, educate, inform or generally raise public awareness about Local Government services, products, projects, promotions, laws or policies.
Media planning and buying services which includes:
- Strategic media schedules ( if there is no creative agency)
- Formulation of media schedules in response to a media brief
- Presentation of proposed media schedules
- Booking of approved media schedules for all media
- Supply of financial media schedules
- Project management and performance monitoring
- Invoicing of booked media plans
Responsibilities of the Campaign Provider:
- Provision of media research and advice to Local Government Purchasers as required
- Placement of all campaign advertising, as well as telelvison Non-Campaign advertising
- To co-ordinate the annual negotiations for advertising base rates across all mediums
- To report on, on an annual basis, the results of all rate negotiations to Local Buy's Authorised Officer.
Non-campaign advertising which can include the following type of advertisements:
Non-campaign is generally information based and developed to fulfil immediate/short term needs of Purchasers which support the basic administrative aspects of business including:
- Recruitment opportunities
- Education courses and/or enrolment information
- Auction or sale of goods or property
- Tenders and expressions of interest for goods and services
- Public, legal and statutory notices notices
- Emergency notices
- General and/or special notices eg invitations to make submissions or apply for Grants, Fellowships etc.
- Special announcements eg electoral notices.
Responsibilities of the Non-Campaign Provider:
- To provide details of any online advertising portal they would make available to Purchasers under this contract.
- To detail their capabilities in providing creative design
- To place any Local Government recruitment advertisements under this contract
- Plannng and/or creative services can be undertaken by external creative agencies
- Participate in radio rate negotiations annually where required.