Local Buy helps alleviate the need for open market tenders by managing the procurement compliance burden on behalf of all Local Government agencies.
All Local Buy arrangements are compliant with the Local Government Regulations 2012 and Local Government Act 2009 and provide Local Government entities with the assurance that all suppliers are vetted and compliant based on a comprehensive tender, evaluation and approval process.
Purchasing through a Local Buy prequalified supply arrangement negates the need for Councils to go through the formal tender process. There is also no financial minimum or maximum spend applicable within the arrangements
Our Local Buy Contracts and Suppliers list is updated every fortnight.
Corporate Wardrobe, Workwear and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) | BUS 271
This BUS 271 arrangement provides purchasers in Queensland, Tasmania and the Northern Territory with access and choice to 23 prequalified suppliers. Their strong regional presence provides optimal choices and promotes the development of competitive local business in line with the Queensland Local Government Act and Regulations. The range of products and services available under this arrangement consists of:
- knits, casuals & polar fleece
- corporate footwear and accessories
- trousers, shorts, shirts, jumpers, jackets, vests,overalls and accessories,
- protective footwear, hand protection, andheadwear
- wet weather clothing
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- head protection, eye and face protection
- hearing protection, respiratory protection
- body protection, height safety/personal fallprotection,
- first aid, spill kits, hydration, sun protection
- asbestos removal safety kits, site safety lock-out and lighting
- corporate logos and branding,
- fitting services,
- made to measure
- alteration services,
- stock holding
- automatic stock replenishment