Local Buy helps alleviate the need for open market tenders by managing the procurement compliance burden on behalf of all Local Government agencies.
All Local Buy arrangements are compliant with the Local Government Regulations 2012 and Local Government Act 2009 and provide Local Government entities with the assurance that all suppliers are vetted and compliant based on a comprehensive tender, evaluation and approval process.
Purchasing through a Local Buy prequalified supply arrangement negates the need for Councils to go through the formal tender process. There is also no financial minimum or maximum spend applicable within the arrangements
Our Local Buy Contracts and Suppliers list is updated every fortnight.
ICT Solutions and Services | BUS 274
The BUS274 contract provides Queensland councils approved purchasers with access to broad range of ICT Solutions and Services. The streamlined procurement process allows councils to access competitive pricing from competent, reliable suppliers through Pricing Schedules and Request for Quote options rather than an open tender for engagement of any value, resulting in significant time and cost savings.
The range of products and services are under the following categories:
- Hardware – Traditional ICT computing devices, audio visual equipment, network equipment and hardware that supports or enhances the operation of ICT equipment.
- Software & Licensing – Software solutions that may be delivered as a service over the internet or installed locally on a Purchasers hardware. May also include access licensing for software solutions.
- Consultancy Services
Services to deliver on a statement of works relating to the use of ICT solutions to achieve business objectives. This includes: Strategy and Planning / Project and Program Management / Solution Provision
- Virtual/Cloud – Cloud or virtual infrastructure that is delivered across or accessed via a network or the internet.
- Business Systems – A Business System is software which can be used by Purchasers to better manage various business functions. In addition to a core Financial Management System, Purchasers may deploy various add-on modules which provide additional functionality.
- Security – Products or solutions that are specific to securing a purchasers operating environment from cyber security threats. This does not include single purchase or subscription based anti-virus/malware software, or CCTV systems.
- Managed Services – Services where the Supplier agrees to provide a business or ICT capability to an agreed level of performance or service. This does not include managed administrative services such as call center administration. This includes: Infrastructure / Collaboration / Support