Local Buy helps alleviate the need for open market tenders by managing the procurement compliance burden on behalf of all Local Government agencies.
All Local Buy arrangements are compliant with the Local Government Regulations 2012 and Local Government Act 2009 and provide Local Government entities with the assurance that all suppliers are vetted and compliant based on a comprehensive tender, evaluation and approval process.
Purchasing through a Local Buy prequalified supply arrangement negates the need for Councils to go through the formal tender process. There is also no financial minimum or maximum spend applicable within the arrangements
Our Local Buy Contracts and Suppliers list is updated every fortnight.
Permanent Recruitment | BUS 259-0816 (B)
The BUS259 contract provides purchasers in Queensland with access and choice of 63 pre-qualified suppliers.
It provides a streamlined procurement process, allowing purchasers to obtain competitive pricing from competent, reliable suppliers through a select Request for Quote rather than an open tender for engagement of any value, resulting in significant time and cost savings.
The following list of categories and sub-categories reflect the typical range of professions and trades sought by Local Government purchasers:
- Executive Management Services Category
- Professional Services Category
- Financial Services and Asset Management (Reporting)
- Marketing, Media and Public Relations
- Human Resources, Organisational Development and Training
- Information Technology
- Town Planning
- Environmental Health and Land Management
- Engineering and Asset Management (Infrastructure)
- Spatial Technology
- Community, Cultural and Economic Development
- Community Education and Community Health
- Youth and Community Recreation
- Administration/Clerical Services Category
- Administration and Customer Services
- Trades, Works and Labour Services Category
- Building & Plumbing
- Trades and Technical
- Asset Maintenance, Construction and Infrastructure