Local Buy helps alleviate the need for open market tenders by managing the procurement compliance burden on behalf of all Local Government agencies.
All Local Buy arrangements are compliant with the Local Government Regulations 2012 and Local Government Act 2009 and provide Local Government entities with the assurance that all suppliers are vetted and compliant based on a comprehensive tender, evaluation and approval process.
Purchasing through a Local Buy prequalified supply arrangement negates the need for Councils to go through the formal tender process. There is also no financial minimum or maximum spend applicable within the arrangements
Our Local Buy Contracts and Suppliers list is updated every fortnight.
SMART CITIES CONNECTED COMMUNITIES | NPN 2.18
The NPN2.18 LGA arrangement will provide Purchasers in Queensland, Tasmania, Northern Territory and Victoria with a broad range of smart technology products and services. Purchasers can maximise their investments and improve services through engagement with professional experts who have experience in designing, implementation and supporting Smart Cities solutions. The streamlined procurement processes save time and money by allowing purchasers to manager their individual requirements and obtain competitive pricing through a select Request for Quote, rather than an open tender for any value.
Appointed suppliers have provided evidence of their innovative offerings and usage (past and future), experience in delivery and/or operations of products, supply chain capability and capacity and ability to leverage partner or reseller channels. Smart Cities products and solutions include:
- Automation & Virtual/Augmented Reality – including Bots, Chat-bots and Robots for automation
- Community Facilities – solutions for citizen recreation, lighting streets & parks, BBQ sensors, water meters, etc.
- Community Safety – CCTV, building monitoring, visual display boards, etc.
- Data Intelligence & Management – programmable solutions that act on data, e.g. artificial intelligence
- Drones/Unmanned Vehicles – for surveying and response monitoring, e.g. sharks in beach areas, natural emergencies fires and storms
- Transport and Logistics – navigational trackers, accessibility maps, car parking meters and spaces, etc.
- Utilities Management – solutions for waste management on and in trucks, energy management devices etc.
Smart Cities professional service expertise develop strategies, roll out solutions and support the technology in place and are categorised as:
- Consultative, Advisory, Investigate & Planning Services
- Design Services
- Supply, Implementation and Operation Services