Legal Services | BUS 261-1116
This BUS261 arrangement provides Queensland councils and approved purchasers with access to 62 prequalified suppliers.
It provides a streamlined procurement process, allowing purchasers to obtain competitive pricing from competent, reliable local suppliers through a select Request for Quote, rather than an open tender for enagagement of any value, resulting in significant time and cost savings.
Legal Services have been divided into the following broad categories:
- Planning & Environment - This involves the representation of and advice to Purchasers on matters arising out of the Sustainable Planning Act/ Planning Act, Building Act, Environmental Protection Act, the Planning Scheme and all other associated legislation, both State and Commonwealth, in relation to Planning, Environment and Transport issues.
- General Contracts and Commercial Law Matters - Provides legal advice and representation in contractual, corporate, contract and procurement related matters, and all issues which are generally seen as being of a general contractual or commercial nature
- Property Law - Includes leases, licences, Land Act dealings, compulsory and negotiated acquisitions.
- Employment and Industrial Relations – Provides advice (legal and technical) in relation to industrial relations This involves advice (legal and technical) in relation to industrial relations matters and representing Purchasers in Courts exercising jurisdiction in industrial matters and industrial tribunals.
- Regulatory/General Prosecutions – Covers all matters arising from legislation such as the Animal Management\Act, Public Health Act, Food Act and local laws wherein Purchasers are deemed as the appropriate regulatory authority and is required to investigate and prosecute offences
- General Litigation & Debt Recovery - Involves advising and representing Purchasers on matters relating to judicial review, class actions, trade practices compliance, insurance disputes, discrimination claims and all matters where a Purchaser as an organisation is challenged in its statutory role.
- Administrative Law & Governance – Matters relating to the Local Government Act 2009 and other legislation. This area includes issues that may arise between Purchasers and various Commonwealth and State Departments, such as the Ombudsman or Environmental Protection Authority.
- Water Specific – Relates to water flow, supply and distribution
- Native Title & Indigenous Law - Matters relating to Native Title and Indigenous Law
- Construction and Infrastructure Law - Matters involving high value and/or high-risk projects