The tender process Local Buy follows is as follows:
- Local government provides a request or feedback on goods and services arrangements sought.
- Extensive consultation with local governments and industry experts to ensure the contract will be of value.
- Undertake a risk analysis, supply and demand.
- Additional research and consultation to develop tailored specifications and supporting tender documentation.
- Conduct a pre-tender information seminar to outline the details of the tender to potential suppliers.
- Publicly advertise the tender to open market through LG tender box, Saturday's The Courier–Mail and other regional newspapers.
- Once the tender period has closed, conduct a comprehensive evaluation process of all tender responses through a dedicated panel. This panel consists of local government representatives, and a Local Buy Category Manager. Through the evaluation process the panel will access:
- Suppliers' resources, knowledge and capabilities
- Relevant industry accreditations and affiliations
- Suppliers' compliance and mandatory criteria such as appropriate insurances and financial capability to reduce risks to local governments
- Suppliers' technical expertise, services and support parameters
- Suppliers' reputation and qualitative strength
- Following the evaluation process, all suppliers are notified whether they have been successful and will be appointed to the Local Buy preferred supply arrangement.
- Local Buy will then conduct supplier events to explain what is now required of them under the arrangement.
- After becoming successful, suppliers must comply with the general conditions of contract and all legal requirements to adhere to the arrangement and are invited to create an online presence in Local Buy’s VendorPanel system to be visible to councils and government entities. These entities include state government departments, not-for-profit organisations, universities, statutory bodies as examples.
- Ongoing management for the terms of the preferred supplier arrangement through a dedicated Local Buy Category Manager. This includes managing the performance of the suppliers and the applicable KPIs under the agreement, ongoing compliance management and assisting suppliers and local governments where required to gain the best return from the agreement.