your procurement partner
Over the past 15 years Local Buy has worked as a procurement consultant to local governments across Queensland. In this role we have partnered with councils to help them minimise their procurement risks through:
- Improved Contract Management
- Standard procurement documentation across council
- Evaluation of tenders and proposals that are not just price centric
- Governance on request for quotation or low value purchases
- Staff training in the use of Local Buy arrangements (including VendorPanel)
- Thorough engagement with the market and research conducted prior to purchase
- Ensuring there isn't dependability on existing supplier relationships and there is engagement with other suppliers
- Comprehensive and regular internal communication between procurement and other departments on how to procure based on council's procurement policy
- Accurate recording and management of whole of life costs of goods purchased
benefits of using Local Buy
- Ensure compliance with Local Government Act and Local Government Regulation
- Reduce legal liability
- Reduce risk of fraudulent or corrupt activity
- Reduce risk of reputational damage
- Access pre-qualified/preferred supplier arrangements
- Negate the need to undertake a full and open tender process
- Enable purchasing staff to focus on planning strategic procurement activities
- Competitive quotes, based on aggregated buying power
- More effective for suppliers
- More efficient for staff
- Request for Quote (RFQ) process to ensure value for money
- Robust evaluation of suppliers
- Agreed terms and conditions
What do our suppliers think?
Mead Perry Group Pty Ltd has been on Local Buy Preferred Supplier contract since 2007. Working under the Preferred Supplier arrangement has proven to be very beneficial for both our company and our clients.
Local Buy contracts allow our clients to access our services quickly and efficiently while meeting their probity and legislative obligations. This saves them time and money and enhances the appeal of our business as a potential supplier.
We see the costs associated with Local Buy work as savings for our business and therefore do not pass these costs on to our clients. In fact, we consider the administrative cost savings of Local Buy contracts more than covers the contract fees we pay to them.
Mead Perry Group
Access contracts and suppliers
Government organisations can access Local Buy arrangements at no cost. Our Local Buy Contracts and Suppliers list is updated every fortnight.
Contact us today
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about partnering with Local Buy for your procurement and probity services