Your procurement partner
Local Buy is a leader in the provision of procurement and probity services to local government.
For 15 years, Local Buy has helped to reduce the risk, time and costs associated with internal procurement processes for our clients.
Our team of procurement specialists understand the critical pathways of the procurement process.
Local Buy has a clear understanding of our clients’ needs and provide the following services:
- Improved Contract Management
- Standard procurement documentation across council
- Evaluation of tenders and proposals that are not just price centric
- Governance on request for quotation or low value purchases
- Staff training in the use of Local Buy arrangements (including VendorPanel)
- Thorough engagement with the market and research conducted prior to purchase
- Ensuring there isn't dependability on existing supplier relationships and there is engagement with other suppliers
- Comprehensive and regular internal communication between procurement and other departments on how to procure based on council's procurement policy
- Accurate recording and management of whole of life costs of goods purchased
BENEFITS OF USING LOCAL BUY
- Ensure compliance with Local Government Act and Local Government Regulation
- Reduce legal liability
- Reduce risk of fraudulent or corrupt activity
- Reduce risk of reputational damage
- Access pre-qualified/preferred supplier arrangements
- Negate the need to undertake a full and open tender process
- Enable purchasing staff to focus on planning strategic procurement activities
- Competitive quotes, based on aggregated buying power
- More effective for suppliers
- More efficient for staff
- Request for Quote (RFQ) process to ensure value for money
- Robust evaluation of suppliers
- Agreed terms and conditions
What do our clients think?
“Working with Local Buy for over a decade and utilising their pre-qualified contracts, has made the procurement process easier and more cost effective for Logan City Council. The time our team has saved with not having to go out to tender has allowed us to focus more on the strategic elements of our procurements.”
Procurement Team Leader
Logan City Council
What do our suppliers think?
“Mead Perry Group Pty Ltd has been on Local Buy Preferred Supplier contract since 2007. Working under the preferred supplier arrangement has proven to be very beneficial for both our company and our clients.
“Local Buy contracts allows councils to access our services quickly and efficiently while meeting their probity and legislative obligations. This saves them time and money and enhances the appeal of our business as a potential supplier.
We see the costs associated with Local Buy work as savings for our business and therefore do not pass these costs on to our clients. In fact, we consider the administrative cost savings of Local Buy contracts more than covers the contract fees we pay to them.”
Mead Perry Group
Accessing contracts and suppliers
Government organisations can access Local Buy contracts and suppliers at no cost.
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about partnering with Local Buy for your procurement and probity services