FAQs for Suppliers
Our LGA arrangements are registers of Pre-qualified Suppliers (RPQS) or Preferred Supplier Arrangements (PSA).
Councils and other purchasers can go through a Local Buy arrangement to directly request quotes from our suppliers, rather than going to tender themselves.
Local Buy is the only organisation in Queensland (aside from the LGAQ) that can achieve this in a legislatively compliant manner (pursuant to the Local Government Regulation 2012 (QLD)).
Your gateway to more business
As one of our valued suppliers, we want to see you thrive. We are working hard to bring more business opportunities through our partnerships.
How we are doing this? You do not have to fully retender but there are two opportunities for you to expand:
- Become a supplier for large corporate entities: In addition to our regular partners, we have now partnered with a diverse range of corporate entities to bring you more opportunities. You can start supplying goods and services to large corporate entities. We will be sending a communication if you wish to opt out, otherwise it will automatically occur.
- Expanding your offering: If you have added any additional goods and service offering, you can email us, and we will kick start to process for you to add them on.
We work with local businesses across all industries, supplying all goods and services. Some of these include but aren’t limited to:
- Advertising and media services
- Asset management services
- Bulk petroleum, fuel card services, vehicle products, oils and lubes.
- Business management services
- Call centre and customer admin services
- Chemicals (bulk)
- Civil works (roads, bridges and roads)
- Corporate uniforms
- Construction and project management
- Engineering and environmental consultancy services
- Food and hospitality
- Hardware, industrial, construction electrical
- IT and communications
- Legal services
- Library resources
- Motor vehicles
- Office stationery
- Open spaces, parks, play sport and recreation
- Pipes, relining pumps, meters and precast
- Planning, surveying, design, and architectural services
- Plant machinery equipment
- Recruitment services
- Road, water, sewerage
- Solar systems and battery storage
- Spare parts and associated services
- Specialised trucks and bodies
- Telecommunications services
- Waste management
Being a Local Buy supplier not only provides you with more business, more opportunities, and more brand visibility with local councils and many other organisations, but it also saves you time and money in submitting many tenders. We provide a simple and easy process for you to access work in a one-to-many relationship which prioritises local businesses as a first choice!
You can access all of Local Buy tenders, which are open and in the market by simply clicking here!
There is a one off Supplier Verification Fee when a business initially tenders for an arrangement, however some businesses may qualifiy for a fee expemtion.
There is a montly reporting fee called the Contract Management Fee (CMF). Read more about these fees in our brochure
We work with many partners to bring you more work opportunities.
- Local government
- State government
- Local and state government owned corporations
- Statutory bodies
- Private entities
Being a Local Buy supplier not only provides you with more business, more opportunities, and more brand visibility with local councils and many other organisations, but it also saves you time and money in submitting many tenders.
We provide a simple and easy process for you to access work Queensland-wide. It is a one-to-many relationship which priorities local businesses as a first choice.
The key benefits are:
- More opportunities for new business
- More visibility with local government and many other organisations
- Simple and easy process
- Saves time and money
- Helps you to meet local government legislation and other requirements
While councils will use Local Buy arrangements, there are times where they may go directly to the market. Click here for the list of all councils and a link to their procurement/buying/tender information.