Working with Local Government
Your procurement partner
Local Buy is a leader in the provision of procurement services to local government.
For 15 years, Local Buy has helped to reduce the risk, time and costs associated with internal procurement processes for our clients.
Our team of procurement specialists understand the critical pathways of the procurement process.
Local Buy has a clear understanding of our clients’ needs and provide the following benefits:
- Improved Contract Management
- Standard procurement documentation across council
- Evaluation of tenders and proposals that are not just price centric
- Governance on request for quotation or low value purchases
- Staff training in the use of Local Buy arrangements (including VendorPanel)
- Thorough engagement with the market and research conducted prior to purchase
- Ensuring there isn't dependability on existing supplier relationships and there is engagement with other suppliers
- Comprehensive and regular internal communication between procurement and other departments on how to procure based on council's procurement policy
- Accurate recording and management of whole of life costs of goods purchased
We have over 50 procurement Arrangements with 3,800+ Pre-Qualified Suppliers ready for you to source suppliers, request quotes and implement contracts.
More than 3,800 Pre-Qualified Suppliers have been vetted and are ready to supply their products and services. We have done the hard work for you by negotiating contractual agreements that apply to all procurement activities conducted under Local Buy Arrangements, so you can avoid lengthy commercial negotiations or being subjected
to individual supplier terms and conditions.
Technology and Data Analytics Program simplifies the procurement process by providing a platform
to connect councils with their suppliers, allows greater
transparency in the procurement process and assists councils
to deliver stronger local economic development outcomes using robust data and analytics.
Benefits of using Local Buy
• Ensure compliance with Local Government Act and Local Government Regulation
• Reduce legal liability
• Reduce risk of fraudulent or corrupt activity
• Reduce risk of reputational damage
• Access pre-qualified/preferred supplier arrangements
• Negate the need to undertake a full and open tender process
• Enable purchasing staff to focus on planning strategic procurement activities
• Competitive quotes, based on aggregated buying power
• More effective for suppliers
• More efficient for staff
• Request for Quote (RFQ) process to ensure value for money
• Robust evaluation of suppliers
• Agreed terms and conditions
What do our clients think?
“Mead Perry Group Pty Ltd has been on Local Buy Preferred Supplier contract since 2007. Working under the preferred supplier arrangement has proven to be very beneficial for both our company and our clients.
“Local Buy contracts allows councils to access our services quickly and efficiently while meeting their probity and legislative obligations. This saves them time and money and enhances the appeal of our business as a potential supplier.
We see the costs associated with Local Buy work as savings for our business and therefore do not pass these costs on to our clients. In fact, we consider the administrative cost savings of Local Buy contracts more than covers the contract fees we pay to them.”
Scott Mead, Director, Mead Perry Group
Accessing contracts and suppliers
Government organisations can access Local Buy contracts and suppliers at no cost.
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about partnering with Local Buy for your procurement services