Suppliers’ Alert: COVID-19
Like all Australians, we continue to monitor the latest developments concerning COVID19. We are reaching out to let you know that Local Buy is here to support you during this challenging and ever changing period.
Local Buy is committed to providing ongoing support to you, our suppliers on our pre-qualified and preferred supplier LGA Arrangements. We remain open for business and are committed to supporting councils, our broader customer base, our local communities, and to keep Local Buy operational and running effectively during this period.
Local Buy has well-developed plans in place, and these plans are being adjusted as the situation evolves. Specifically, we are taking all necessary steps to ensure that we are flexible in the ways that we operate. This includes using technology to conduct meetings and execute work (via phone, video conferencing and other online systems) and ensuring our employees can be effective irrespective of where they work.
In that regard, we offer the following general guidance:
• Delay in Goods and/or Services - Where there is a disruption to the supply of your goods and services, Local Buy requests you to directly communicate with your purchasers, as this will minimise duplicate messaging and miscommunication. Local Buy's Default Purchaser Conditions require you to promptly notify the Purchaser in writing if the supply of service/goods is likely to be delayed. We know this will be a challenge, but it critical to both parties and to ensure any disruption to supply is managed appropriately.
• Local Buy Reporting: Local Buy understands the difficulties facing many businesses at this time. Local Buy is currently reviewing its response to COVID-19 and how that will impact the next quarter’s reporting. As this quarter’s reporting is in arrears, Local Buy requests reporting be submitted as per the normal process and we have opened the reporting portal early to support.
• Supplier Difficulties - Should you be unable to trade or be experience difficulties that impact your ability to trade, please reach out to Local Buy. We will be seeking to understand your situation to determine any support/action required.
• Open for Business - our teams are actively supporting all councils and our broader customer base in the use of the pre-qualified and preferred supplier LGA Arrangements which you are listed on.
• Return to Normality – When business does return to a new version of normal; a level of transition and recovery will be needed. It is a strategic priority for Local Buy to explore future markets, to streamline the pre-qualification process and support regional suppliers on our LGA arrangements wherever possible. Local Buy will also be focusing on regional panels to support local suppliers to better connect with your local council.
Local Buy is currently receiving numerous enquiries regarding sourcing and supply disruption. Please contact our centralised mailbox (email@example.com) should you have any specific questions or alternatively reach out to your Local Buy contact.
Finally, Local Buy appreciates the challenging health and economic issues that have recently escalated. The situation is very fluid and rapidly changing. In addition to the current support being offered by the Federal and State governments, we expect that additional funds will be released to further support the Queensland local economy in due course. As such, Local Buy is working hard to refine our processes and to connect with our stakeholders to support your business during these unprecedented times.